~oOo~

2010-12-17

quick hit: my dad featured by the Hand Drawn Map Association

A few months ago, a colleague of mine at the Massachusetts Historical Society -- our Art Curator, Anne Bentley -- shared a story about this online database curated by the Hand Drawn Map Association. Since my dad has been drawing maps, for pleasure and profit, as long as I can remember, I forwarded the story on to him and he submitted a series of maps. It's been a while now, but the group has finally gotten around to posting some of his submissions! You can view the first one online here.


The map describes a bicycle ride he took during a visit this past fall to Stratford, Ontario.

Be sure to check out the other maps in the database, as each one of them has its own unique style and story. And I'll be sure to add links to Dad's other contributions as they go live. Long-live hand-crafted cartography!

No comments:

Post a Comment