~oOo~

2008-07-31

And then yesterday got a little bit better


I was feeling tired and depressed, and slightly headachey yesterday (just one of those days). But I was scheduled to go to dinner and a play (see below) with a co-worker and her former roommates, and having paid for the ticket I decided to suck it up and go anyway. So we went to dinner at this place in the South End called Delux, a restaurant, which had -- by the way -- delicious gnocchi with smoked mozzarella cheese. And I didn't want alcohol, well, I wanted it but when I have an incipient headache this is not a good idea so I asked if they had coffee (no) or iced tea (no). The waitress was very apologetic. So I was making do with water, when she came back a few minutes later and said to me, "This is going to sound weird, but our beer rep just brought me an iced tea from the cafe down the street and I don't drink iced tea and I thought it was so weird because you had just asked about it and I'll just be throwing it out so anyway, do you want it?" She brought it to me free with two slices of lemon and made my day just a little bit brighter.

No comments:

Post a Comment