30@30 will return next Wednesday, folks ... I was up in Maine all weekend and just didn't have the brain power to craft anything clever about my thoughts on parenting. In the meantime, enjoy deliciousness from summer in Maine!
Head on over to ...fly over me, evil angel... for more photos from the weekend, if photos you so desire.
Hanna and I just got back from Hanna's parents' home in Maine, where they preside over an abundant vegetable garden and three chickens who provide lovely, lovely eggs (especially, says Hanna, if you feed them comfrey from the plants in front of the house).
|Future summer squash.|
|A happy hen |
(a Buff Orpington, Hanna says).
|Lunch at the Clutterbucks|
2 large carrots, grated
1 large zucchini, grated
1 large onion, diced
2-3 oz feta cheese
1/4 cup white flour
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp curry powder
1 Tbl parsley
Salt and pepper as desired
1 large egg
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees fahrenheit and use olive oil to grease a 9" glass pie plate or equivalent baking dish.
2. Mix grated carrots, zucchini, onion, and feta in a medium bowl.
3. Mix flour and spices together, then toss with veggies until coated.
4. Whisk egg and then add to veggie mix using hands to thoroughly combine.
5. Press into baking pan and cook for 20-30 minutes until the top begins to look slightly golden and crusty.
6. Serve hot, cut into wedges, as a main or side dish. Reheats beautifully and is also tasty cold.