|A PATINATED METAL FIGURE OF A HARPY, |
LATE 20TH CENTURY
The beginning of this past week saw a flurry of activity from the Harpies, including two posts from me:
- While buying medicine at CVS for aforementioned sick girlfriend, I happened to notice a royal wedding-related headline that seemed a bit ... incomplete.
- I had the pleasure of reading Jill's now-(in)famous Filling the Gap post on Monday and cross-linked it here and over at Harpyness. While the Harpy link has less than a dozen comments (versus Feministe's 452 and counting), still worth checking it out if you've been following the conversation across the blogosphere to any extent.
- On Monday, I posted a web video from Susie Bright discussing her stint as an editor for On Our Backs, the lesbian erotica magazine.
- A post about teens and sexting that turned into a thread that was half about teens texting and half about Sherlock slash ... and to round things of, the person whose interview I was critiquing stopped by to speak up. If you want to see how all these things came about, do stop on by to check out the comments!
- I posted the trailer for a new documentary from American Experience about Stonewall.
- And way back when, in the midst of thesis revising, a web video of a baby penguin being tickled. I made no claims for a substantive feminist critique on that one.
Hope all of you are having a good weekend and best wishes to ya as you head out into the week.