~oOo~

2010-05-17

from the neighborhood: sunday in Lunenberg


On Mother's Day, Hanna and I took the train up to Lowell where we met her parents and went visiting in Lunenberg, to the home of a family friend whom Hanna has known all her life.

Estelle served us blueberry muffins and tea and showed us around her gorgeous garden, just beginning to bloom for the summer.



It was a freezing day, despite the sunshine, and I had to borrow one of Linda's coats to stay warm.





We were sent away with armfuls (literally!) of flowers to leave at Hanna's grandparents' graves.



2 comments:

  1. Anna, I am SO PROUD of you for having a post full of garden pictures. Next thing you know I'll be discussing feminism on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Joseph I'll look forward to the day :). 10+ years of friendship have to rub off just a little, don't ya think?

    ReplyDelete