~oOo~

2010-01-19

from the neighborhood: january narcissus



It was a grey weekend here in Boston, and Hanna and I were both feeling a bit down, so when I walked up to Whole Foods for a few groceries and saw pots of yellow narcissus on sale, I decided we needed a pot. They always remind me of my grandmother's yard, which turns into a profusion of blooms in the Michigan spring, even before the snow has melted. I brought this bunch home when they were still green shoots and by Monday morning they were already starting to bloom. (Ianto, our philodendron pothos* is keeping a close watch over it in this picture, as is Hanna's crow who is currently perched between the alarm clock and Ianto and steadfastly refuses to reveal his true name.)

*corrected by my gardener friend Joseph; Ianto is now going through an identity crisis!

No comments:

Post a Comment